I am a project manager interested in interactive media. I personally specialize in small games for web and phones, but worked on huge educational apps at HMH as well. Passionate about team collaboration, product strategy, user experience, the iterative process and getting the most value out of following the agile framework. Outside of project management I also work on my own small games in Unity3D or in P5 and Phaser.
Selected Work Experience
- [2016 – Present] Houghton Mifflin Harcourt – Associate Producer, Math Intervention Team
Product Owner of Intervention Math, Intervention Mobile, and Managed Media Accelerator (MMAs)
-Lead multiple cross-functional teams in definition, design, and execution of digital products.
-Drive engineering and QA using Agile Scrum (CSPO), including prioritization,
story writing, sizing, and testing plans (using ATDD).
-Develop seamless, consistent, and intuitive user experiences for teachers and students. Leverage customer data and feedback to iterate on and improve existing components.
-Maintain aggressive release schedule amidst conflicting business priorities and ambiguous strategic direction.
-Communicate verbally and in writing with members of all departments and with senior management.
- [2014 – Present] IndieCade – Producer (previously Volunteer Coordinator)
Producer for IndieCade East 2018 at the Museum of Moving Image. Managed team of Production Coordinator and Volunteer Coordinator to run 3 day event at the MoMI.
Coordinate and schedule volunteers for IndieCade East 2015/2016, IndieCade @ E3 2015, and IndieCade Festival 2015. Worked production and logistics during the event.
- [2015 – Present] United Nations International School – Afterschool Computer Programming Instructor
- [2012 – Present] LIU-Brooklyn Campus – Videogame Instructor
Instructed students on the fundamentals of game design and development using Gamestar Mechanic and Scratch to 9-13 year olds.
- [Fall 2014] THISISPOP – Game Design Intern
Developed copy for game design documents and facilitated playtests of in-progress projects.
- [Spring/Summer 2014] Museum of the Moving Image – Game Design Instructor
Instructed High School Students how to develop non-digital games and digital games using Scratch for English/Technology HS credit. Instructed 8-12 year olds how to develop games using Scratch in the museum’s summer camp.
- [2012 – 2014] Nevernaut Games – Game Designer
Designed Supplementary Game Mechanics and Managed development team for SlashDash. (Released on Xbox One on July 17, 2015)
- [2011 – 2013] Wingspan Arts – Game Design Teaching Artist
Taugh students non-digital game design to 6-8 year olds after school at Brooklyn School of Inquiry.
- [Summer 2012] AOL – Games.com Games Curator
Curated web games for Games.com.
-  Masters of Fine Arts (MFA) in Game Design from New York University – Tisch School of the Arts (NYU Game Center)
-  Bachelors of Arts (BA) in Power and Pedagogy from New York Univeristy – Gallatin School of Interdisciplinary Studies
product strategy, team management strategy, live event production and logistics, agile software development methodologies – Certified Scrum Product Owner (scrum and kanban), user stories, wire framing, AB testing, acceptance test driven design
Accolades/Shown at Events
- 2014 NYU Game Center Festival Scholarship
- 2016 Different Games Ambassador GDC Scholarship
- Spoke at National Coalition Against Censorship on “Censorship in Video Games”
- Shown at E3 2015 (Microsoft ID@Xbox)
- Audience Choice Award 2013 IndieCade
- Shown at Museum of the Moving Image in exhibit: Indie Game Essentials
In the Snow
- Shown at Babycastles for exhibit: Deriavative Weird Games, a temporary selection of referenced works
- Altgames Arcade Vancover Selection
Modern Day Cops and Robbers
- Developed and shown at exhibit: Rhetoric vs. Reality for the NoMAA.
- Shown at Come Out & Play 2012
- Shown at IndieCade 2012